There is a wide range of environmental demands on the footwear industry, from solid waste management, to wastewater treatment and through control of atmospheric emissions.
We rely on the best human and technical resources to meet environmental demands of the sector.
We provide a direct guidance to companies on specific situations, as well as on the development of R&D&I projects dealing with common issues of the sector.
- Information on environmental legislation
- Environmental tests: physical, chemical and biological tests
- Advice on sustainable technologies
- Ecological criteria in force
- Control on hazardous substances that may affect footwear and its components
- Tailored courses and specialised environmental training
We check if you shoes contain any forbidden substance
We offer a specific service on potentially hazardous substances which includes:
- Access to the document Hazardous substances that may affect footwear and its components
- Specific advice on the REACH Regulation
- Advice on eco-certification, such as the EU Ecolabel for footwear
In order to help companies in this effort, we own a laboratory network certified at a national and international level, which is unique in Spain and where it is possible to carry out analyses of chemical substances and components that may affect footwear and its components.
We calculate the Carbon Footprint of your shoes
Thanks to the LIFE CO2Shoe project we have developed the first software tool for the calculation of footwear carbon footprint, which takes into account the entire life cycle of the product, from ‘cradle to grave’, that is, from raw materials extraction until the pair of shoes become waste.
The tool has been validated and verified by the Spanish Association for Standardisation and Certification (AENOR).
If you would like to know how to reduce the environmental impact of your shoes and help fighting against climate change, write to Environmental Management.